1. Begin with preparing your workspace. It’s best to have a spacious place to assemble your kit, like an empty desk or a large table.
2. Prepare your screwdriver and previously assembled nuts and bolts box. Keep in mind that your kit consists of three types of screws: 12 mm, 20 mm and 70 mm. All the nuts are the same size.
3. Don’t use too much force when breaking off wooden elements from the forms. Be careful not to break the parts. You can also use a small craft knife to cut the joints in the forms, but be extra careful when doing this!
We wish you a ton of fun during the assembly of your LOFI Robot kit 🙂 Enjoy!
The Football Playing Robot is based on the Rover. Below you will find instructions, how to transform your Rover into the Football Playing Robot.
1. Prepare your Rover.
List of required parts:
Prepare parts needed for the base of the robot’s arms:
Prepare parts for the arms:
Prepare the parts for the shields and antennas.
Prepare the parts for the flag.
Congratulations! Your Football Playing Robot is ready!
1. Connect the motors to the M1 and M2 ports of the LOFI Brain controller. Make sure the small metal walls inside the pins of the motor cables are facing the plastic walls of the pins on the controller.
2. Connect the powerbank to the micro USB slot on the Adapter.
3. Connect the distance sensor to the corresponding slot on the Adapter. Make sure you have connected the pins VCC, TRIG, ECHO, and GND as shown in the picture below.
4. If you are using a bluetooth module, connect it to the corresponding slot on the adapter. Make sure you put the module in the right direction, see the picture below.
Connect LOFI Brain with LOFI Blocks on your computer using LOFI Robot Extension. Insert the following code:
The left part of the script is responsible for the movement of our Football Player. Every arrow key is assigned for movement. The left column of the code is responsible for the goal celebration – pressing “Z” on your keyboard triggers flashing LEDs and beep sounds on the buzzer.
If you’re curious why the program looks like that, please see this lesson.